Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Brinjal Raita / Eggplant in Yogurt

Hope all had a wonderful new year/ugadi. Hoping this year bring the world peace. Well, here is my entry with smoky brinjalin yogurt. Normally, In mangalore brinjals are burnt on fire, peel the brunt skin and innerpart is mix with yogurt.I made variation by just stir frying it.  

Ingredients:
2-3 Small Eggplants/brinjals
1 Small Onion
1 cup yogurt
Salt to taste
2-3 Green chilies
Cilantro for garnish
Tempering:
1tsp mustard seeds
1 red chili
Oil
Heat 3 tsp oil in a medium pan, add mustard seeds when it splutters, add red chilies and eggplants saute in low -medium heat until golden and soft. Let it cool
In a medium bowl mix yogurt,chopped onion,green chilies and salt.
Once the fried eggplants cool down, mix it with yogurt and lastly garnish it with cilantro.

13 comments:

Tina said...

First time here...Brinjal raita looks creamy and yummy...

Aruna Manikandan said...

Brinjal raita sounds new to me...

I love brinjals , will soon try this :-)

Panchpakwan said...

Brinjal raita looks so creamy and yumm

Sushma Mallya said...

wow it looks too good..i have tried it once and i just loved it...will surely try your version too

Namitha said...

Lovely presentation :-) Never tried brinjal in raita..sounds yummm

Simplyfood said...

This raita with brinjal looks lovely and delicious.

Pedhakka said...

Love the picture !!!

Padma said...

Looks too good... so creamy and delicious.

Rachana said...

I love eggplants but have never tried in raita...looks delicious!

Jessica - The Novice Chef said...

I just came across your blog and I am so glad I did! This looks fabulous!

Ms.Chitchat said...

Fresh and creamy brinjal raita. I love the wooden ladle which holds these refreshing raitas.

Cocina Savant said...

I have never paired eggplant with yogurt, but with the fresh vegetables so close I can taste them I will have to give this a try. Cool dish.

Anonymous said...

Did you come up with this or is it common in south india? My mom is from the north and she always made boondi ka raita with cucumber and tomato but I love eggplants! I'll have to try it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails