8-9 Mushrooms cut into slices
2 cups Basmati Rice
1 Onion sliced
2 Tomato finely chopped
2 Bay leaf
1 cup Coconut milk
1 tsp Sindhi biryani masala
1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
Ghee or Oil
2 tsp Lemon juice
Salt - to taste
few Coriander leaves finely chopped
few Mint leaves finely chopped
7-8 paneer cubes
2 bread cut into cubes
1 tsp Fennel seeds
2 inch Cinnamon stick
4-5 Green chilies
1 inch Ginger
wheat flour dough(Wheat flour depends on the size of pan I used 2 cups of wheat flour and water to make a dough)
- Soak the rice in water for 30 mins. Grind the ginger, garlic, green chilies, cloves, cinnamon, fennel seeds to fine paste by adding little water.
- Heat ghee or Oil in a heavy saucepan. Add bay leaf and fry for a minute. Add sliced onion and fry till it turns into golden brown in color.
- Add ground paste, biryani masala, turmeric and fry till raw smell goes off.
- Add chopped tomatoes and salt cover and cook for 2-3 mins or until the tomatoes are smashed Stir occasionally.
- Add Mushroom pieces and fry until it becomes soft Add Chopped Coriander and Mint leaves and cook until it is combine.
- Then add soaked basmati rice and fry for 2 to 3 minutes or till the water evaporates from the rice.
- Add 2 cups of water and 1 cup of coconut milk(for biryani water measurement is 1 cup rice =1 1/2 cups of water)salt and lemon juice.
- Cover the lid and seal the dough thoroughly around the pan and cook in low medium flame for 60-90mins.
- Meanwhile, shallow fry the bread cubes and paneer cubes.Once the biryani is cooked granish it with paneer and bread cubes.
Serve with raita.